Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Erica

I had the opportunity to be on "the City" team. It was really an amazing experience. It reminded me that God is not just my God, or the God of the people in my church but the God of this universe. The dynamic in "the City" is a little different, openly proclaiming your Christian faith is illegal for someone my age. Because of this we had the constant chance to prayer walk. I had prayer walked before but to think that the people I was praying for might of never been prayed for before was mind blowing and honestly sad. At first i felt a lot of pressure praying for these people, like this may be the only time someone ever prays for them i better make it a good one. But it soon got overwhelming to pray like that. So i prayed for guidance i guess you could say, and God was like "really Erica what are you doing. Let the prayer come from your heart not your mind". It may seem weird and such a simple answer but it really opened my eyes and helped me be more aware of what he was doing around me and in "the City".

No comments: