Monday, March 14, 2011

Bryan

For the longest time, I have had crazy urges to travel across the world. My passion is to meet new people, learn about their culture, and build a relationship with them. I was able to live out God’s plan for me in “The City” as I spent 10 days meeting people from a foreign culture, religion, and tradition. God surrounded me with people who sent me off from my miniscule state of Rhode Island into the vast open world. God placed each one in our team into this position, an experience together never possible to forget. Relationships I never imagined came out of my Quest experience, ranging from my team members, to ”City” workers, to unbelievers known for a single day, to my new “City” friends whom I’ll never forget. Some of the most impacting realizations have come out of the entire quest experience. Through the constant prayer for those around me, the show of dedication among the workers in “The City,” and the ability to be a lamp among darkness, I have learned I’ve placed walls up against God’s plans for me. I’ve been so nervous to make mistakes my entire life, that I’ve developed a subconscious disregard for God showing me His plans for my life. This being one of many eye-openers I experienced in the city, I thank our God of the Universe for showing me these things in a place thousands of miles away from my home. His presence, and His ability to place my team around me, gave me the opportunity to make a conscious change, and reject what I have previously accepted about myself.

No comments: