Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Alexandra

My Trip to the DR was life-changing. My view of salvation changed. I had grown up in the church, but seeing how those people live, I saw that they need salvation like they need clean water. The thing that impacted me the most was meeting a seventeen year-old girl who was married and had a baby. I'm seventeen and thought to myself, 'If I lived here, I could be married and have a child as well'. It impacted me personally because it made me realize that the teenage girls their had to give up their childhoods very quickly. It was sad to see how grown up the children were, having to take care of their infant siblings, getting water for their families, and watching over themselves everyday. I enjoyed the time i got to spend with the Dominicans and would love to go back and continue the work there. I loved every person that I met and would do this trip all over again if I was given the opportunity.

No comments: