Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Bekah V

William Carey said, “Expect great things from God. Attempt great things for God.” The message of this quote were shining brightly throughout the 10 days my team and I spent in the Dominican Republic. There was not a moment that I did not feel God's presence. During the second half our trip, while serving in the village with the active missionary, Ina, I had the opportunity to share my testimony with some of the teenage girls from the village. In those few moments, I felt God speaking through me, and I knew that it was not me speaking, but Him speaking through me. It was absolutely amazing to see that everything I had been through in the past had a reason, even though I may not have known it at the time. On that same day, a few of my other team members and I were playing with the pre-school age kids that live in the village. It was a beautiful sight to see. Although they are not in the best situation, they still were happy. It was a phenomenal experience, and showed me that God's love has no limits. We were able to connect with the people of the DR on a completely different level. We may not have been able to speak to them directly because of the language barrier. However, we all shared one common language: the love of Christ.

No comments: