Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Bethany

Going to South Africa is probably one of the best experiences I’ll ever have. Going there helped show me how much God can use me, and anyone else that’ll let him work in their life. I always wanted God to use me, but on the trip when I completely gave up every fear to him in order for his will to be done I got to see him work in incredible ways. The third day of the trip I was completely exhausted from just getting over being sick and not getting much sleep the night before, and honestly I just felt awful. What started off as the worst day turned into the best day. That afternoon we went to a Zulu village. In the village we went into a small tent full of excited children. Even though it was a small tent inside big things were happening. Our group and I got to lead songs with the children, automatically brightening my mood seeing the joy in all their faces. Then for the first time in public I was able to go up and share my testimony with everyone. I could see how God was using us to touch the hearts of these children. After having some fun and sharing with them we began to ask the children serious questions about God. That day every child made the decision to stand up, and except Jesus Christ into their lives. I even got to pray with two little girls to ask Jesus into their hearts. Even though we spoke different languages there was no barrier, God saw their hearts and knew my words meant the same. After, I saw that even when I’m feeling weak the all powerful God can still use me because it’s not me doing the work, it’s him working through me. God will always be there to lift us up off our feet, and when you put your trust in him he will be glorified through you.

No comments: