Sunday, February 24, 2008

SA - Reflections, Lia


Lia:
Going to South Africa was an unforgettable experience and a pleasure to serve others as well as to work for God. I enjoyed every moment from the second I stepped off the plane. After meeting Roger & Meg, they kept a tight schedule for us to run on including: going to Burlington- an informal settlement, the Dream Center- an AIDS hospice, worshipping at Westville Baptist-
Roger & Meg’s church, painting at Sydenham & Lambert Road, attending different youth groups, and worshipping on Sunday morning with the church in Sydenham. I learned how to serve others whether it was painting on a hot day, telling a children’s Bible story or sharing an encouraging testimony that brought a smile to the less fortunate. If I had to do it all again, I would do it in a blink of an eye.

No comments: