Sunday, February 24, 2008

SA - Reflection, Janice


Janice:

Where do I start with what God has done in my life?
In Africa in 8 days and 8 nights counting the flights
I was raised in church and know wrong from right.

But on this trip I saw the broken and weak
I saw how families that are poor, sick and weak
Walking on the streets with glass with no shoes on their feet

Forget what’s on the TV about those who live with AIDS
That won’t wake you up unless you see ‘em face to face
Sharing with them God’s amazing love and grace

I loved every minute of sharing the truth
Telling them that their lives are living proof of God’s mercy
Not knowing when God can make ‘em go poof

Painting and serving in churches in need
Was awesome getting close to others doing work during the week
Doing things to expand the Kingdom in all the heat

Travelling far to see what God does outside of the US
Using missionaries in SA relying 100% on God, no stress
It’s so encouraging helping me to minister my best

Roger’s stories of all his adventures of missionary-ing
Amazing how he’s been through so much listening
To him, I knew God brought him through everything

He stressed that “In the beginning God”
Soaked in us like butter on corn on the cob
God won’t see Roger sleeping on the job

Everything about the trip was just all Jesus Christ
He brought things to my mind bringing light
About him working in the world day and night

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Janice,
I am enjoying what God's doing in your life. Is amazing what HE can teach us in such a short time!
Go girl... You are the best!
Your fan... Your Pastor,
Raul Elizalde.
2da.Corintios 4:5-7

Anonymous said...

Nani,
We are so proud of your dedication and love for Chirst. We are so happy He was able to teach you his love and mercy. This will be an experience that NO ONE can take from you! Use it for your own spiritual growth and the edification of others.
Love Always,
Tio Tito & Titi 'Bet'