Sunday, February 17, 2008

SA - A full day, Sunday

We had a great day. This morning, we went to the "recycled church" (a church building in a shack settlement that has just been built from bricks that were salvaged from a house that was demolished....the team will be painting the inside on Tuesday)...Janice led the kids in a Bible story in SSch; during the worship service (2 1/2 hours long!!!) Kevin and Melissa shared some beautiful testimonies and the team did their sign-song. This afternoon was relax time at the beach...it was a HOT day and the waves were great. This evening we were at Westville Baptist, (Debbie and Barry’s church, YEC ‘08) which had a special service with visitors from two "sister churches" (both Zulu churches) so there was a mix of white and Zulu culture/music etc...really nice. Afterwards, Pastor Brian Naidoo, Eileen and Lesa (Lesa attended CrossWalk ‘07) appeared and we all went out together for ice cream...that was fun for the kids to see Lesa again, and Brian and Eileen enjoyed meeting everyone.

Tomorrow morning is our animal game drive, and in the afternoon we return to the Dream Centre. The guys led four men to the Lord on our last visit on Saturday...praise God!

Please could you pray for Roger...he was out of commission today with what appears to be a sinus infection that came on rather suddenly he'll go see the doctor tomorrow.

A note from Meg Hecsh,
Parents/families of Quest 9/SA (including parents of Susan and Ben A)....we are SO enjoying your kids! What fantastic ambassadors they are, both of Christ and of our nation....the best! As I introduced the team to the Zulu church where we worshiped this morning, I told the congregation how I was reminded that God's home is big enough for people from every tribe, tongue, and nation. South Africa has ELEVEN official languages as a nation. Quest 9/SA has FIVE: English, Spanish, Haitian Creole, Arabic, and American Deaf Sign Language! AWESOME! I was going to use the phrase "melting pot" to describe the team, but then realized that would make NO sense to my listeners, so I "translated" to a more African image: a delicious stew made carefully by a great cook with many different ingredients blending together to make one fantastic aroma and taste. The congregation understood!

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ben a
I'm visiting my dad right now- interesting as always. i just finished explaining all that you gusy are doing.

If you go back to westville be sure to tell Deb and Barry hello for me. And i hope you hada relaxing day at the beach! I'm sure you need it since you have a busy week ahead.

Aight well im thinking of ya! loveu
TRU

Queen - Ababa said...

Hey Susie! I am praying for you and the team I love you and Miss you!

Rachel said...

It's unbelievable the many things you all are doing!!
and the beach thing, yeah that makes me a little jealous..

Anyways, four more overwhelmed by the saving grace and mercy of Jesus Christ?! THAT'S AMAZING!! You're already expanding the kingdom of God. You've continuously been in my prayers, and I know that God has already gone ahead of you this week.
I'm sure I speak for all of you when I say, I cannot wait to see how He has it all unfold!

God bless.
-Rachel

Rachel said...

Kevin -
I have had a revelation!
I have something I most certainly have to share with you.
Be anxious. =]

love you lots!!
- Rachel.

Anonymous said...

Hi Ben,
I miss you. What are you doing right now? I'm sending you our "secret" hand shake. That's all.
Sam

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris,
I miss you Chris. Savannah wants you to take a picture of a Zebra and a Giraffe. That's all.
Sam

Anonymous said...

Hi Susie,

Sorry we missed you guys. We left Durban on Sunday (17 Jan). We'll have to catch up when you guys return. You and the team will be in our prayers.

Michelle

Anonymous said...

Hey Ms. Ibs!
I hope you are having fun. We all missed you in school.

redrose said...

Hey Jancie!,
HEY!!!!! EvERyone!!!! am soooo jealous that u guys are in South Africa.....LOL well i hope u guys are having amzing time and getting closer to God. ill back soon...


Nasya

Anonymous said...

hey susie!!! you and your team are in my prayers. God bless and keep you safe.

nancy

Anonymous said...

Susan
We all missed you.we pray for you and all the Team.
"But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation; Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy." (1Pe 1:15-16)

GOD BLESS YOU ALL

(Mom) Hana



God bless you.

Anonymous said...

Dear Susan and the SA Team
May the Lord bless you all and give you to see His mighty power works in the hearts of many people in SA. We pray for your safety and also for you to be a blessing to everyone you meet and see.
We miss you and love to have some warm teperatures here as you have there.
God bless you all.
Dad (Samy)

Anonymous said...

to thee prettiest girl on the team:
janice!

;] i am praying for you my loveee! i hope you`re having a wonderful time..clark sent me a letter asking about housing & all that good stuff; so did worcester state..needless to say:
i can not wait to be with you. lol

when i look at the stars that shine so bright - i realize that a million stars can't shine as bright as you <33 lol
love you baby!

Anonymous said...

Ben D. - It was so nice of you to allow these kids to run circles around you in soccer - a sign of true humility - you da man. Uh-oh, do they play baseball, too? But, on a serious note, I am praying for you. I'm sure God is doing some really great things, most of which are not even immediately apparent. Be strong in Him (Eph 6:10).

Charlie

Anonymous said...

Hi Melissa, praying for you and asking God to make you a real blessing, as you love on those around you and as He continues to use you in ways in which none of us are aware. Just keep smiling for Jesus and drink in the wonder of it all. (Eph 3:14-21)

Charlie

Anonymous said...

For DR group

Gloria a Dios que Tito pudo comer mangu LOL.
Missing you guys,may God countinue to use you guys and give you
experiences that will mark your life 4ever.

LES AMA "SU MADRE"
BKA la madre de las madres LOL

Anonymous said...

Kevin!
I am so incredibly proud of you right now! I do believe I feel a dramatic tear starting...No, but in all seriousness, hearing about the things you guys are doing down there is truly inspiring. Just make sure you come back safe and sound because I miss you so much! Love always and God bless!
Love, Aimee

Unknown said...

Hey Sooze! What's up? This is brother b coming to you from the Ibrahim household in Bedford. We are chilling with Noula and fam. Yes, Noula is in town for president's day weekend.

Tunt Sonia says "I miss you Susie very much and I hope you have a great trip"

Mook says "Sooze, have a blast. I am praying for you."

Noula says "I miss you tons"

T. Beisa says "Bring some sun with you"

Ava says "I want eggs"

Mira says "good luck, we are praying for you"

Dad says "I am drinking a good cup of tea. Please drink a couple of good cups of SA tea for me. We miss you a lot"

Mom says "We missed you Sooze. We are praying for you"

Mona "Susie, we miss you. Come have bananas and chocolate with us right now (we had a make-shift fondue party). Take pictures. I miss you very much."

Anonymous said...

Hi, Kevin just a a small message to tell you I miss you and I am continue to pray for you and your SA team, also the DR team, is very exating to hear all the things you all are doing, I want to see pictures of all of you, but I know you are bussy so don't worry because God's work comes first. take care and everyone here send you their love Grandmo, Trysh, Dad,Mom, Cody and Kami. On Sunday the congregation pray for you and Ashly. Love (Mom) Lilia Cruz