Monday, March 5, 2012

Makayla - Dominican Republic

The Quest program was life changing. I saw God work in amazing ways; from provision to using everyone on my team in unexpected ways. I think the thing I learned the most about was how to be a servant, and how people see Christ in those who serve.


I loved the D.R! In the D.R I learned about being flexible, because everyday I never knew what to expect, and nothing ever went according to plan! I was challenged when we went to Cercadillo, I needed to be energetic with the kids and I needed to be patient with them and God gave me the ability to do that so I could show Christ’s love to all the kids. One of my favorite things that we did over there was teach the kids English because it was something they were very excited about, and I was glad to help.

I really loved everyone on my team, and during the week we all became closer. On the last day it was really hard to say goodbye! I’ll never forget anything that God showed me, especially that God isn’t just the God of America; He’s the God of the whole world, He is everywhere and He can do anything and everything.

No comments: