Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Aaron -- Dominican Republic

My time in the DR with my Quest family is one I’ll never forget. It was eye opening and life changing in so many different ways. Coming back home has been so humbling for me. I have learned to appreciate what I have and to not “grunt or complain” (Philippians 2).  In fact, the experience that I had painting in the church of Don Gregorio thought me this lesson the most. Having never painted before in my life I had no idea what to expect. This chapter in the Bible really pushed me to give my all that day. I got so messy that day and was so exhausted but it felt good seeing that church looking new. Although I was able to put scripture into practice, it was also a moment in which I saw God move.  While working our team was off to our side while two young men from the church where in the other room. One of the guys put on both English and Spanish worship songs. To the surprise of the team the boys where worshipping God in English as well as Spanish. This was a bridge in which we were able to establish a relationship with these young men from the church. I was able to see God move that day by seeing that although most of the team was nervous about the language barrier there was a way in which language was none at all. It proved to me that my God is omniscient. In all, the trip really allowed me to open up my eyes to the whole world and not just mine

No comments: