Friday, March 9, 2012

Isaac -- South Africa


The time I spent in South Africa with my team was amazing. It was a true blessing to go on the trip and have the experience that I have. Just being able to participate in Quest program was a blessing.

When going to South Africa, I had no idea what to expect. Even though I wasn’t sure of what we were going to do there, I was mostly nervous about meeting strangers and publicly talking to them. But, of course on the trip I was pushed out of my comfort zone and I’m so grateful that it happened. In SA, I shared a testimony about how God has a big role in my life with sports when we were talking to a basketball team at a township we went to and I got to pray for the team. I also got to share a testimony with a group of kids at the Westville Baptist Church youth group and I got to speak to some people at the shelters we went to. It was awesome to get to share with these people. They showed interest in what I was saying and that gave me encouragement. I finally got to a point where I wasn’t as scared anymore to talk to others or share stories with others. I felt as if it was a lot easier to talk publicly. God showed me that I shouldn’t be afraid of sharing a testimony, a story, or my faith in general and that I should speak up more at times. It was amazing to finally be able to speak to people without being so shy.

In South Africa, I also got to meet some of the nicest people in the world. It was amazing to see how they welcomed us and showed love to us even though we were complete strangers from a different part of the world. It showed me that I should show more love to my family and friends and to others, especially like a newcomer to our youth group.

SA was an amazing experience and I’m so thankful that I got to experience it with my team and the people there. I’m glad that I have so much to be sharing here in my own youth group and city and I’m ready to see what God has in store next.

No comments: