Thursday, March 8, 2012

Jessica -- South Africa

Being in South Africa was amazing! I remember someone told us that we wouldn’t necessarily fall in love with the country but with the people there. I didn’t take it too seriously but after going to South Africa I realized that it was so true. South Africa is a beautiful country but the people there shine so much brighter. They showed us so much love and went out of their way for us. I’m so lucky and thankful to God that I got the chance to meet such amazing people. I also learned so much from them. I learned that I should be more humble towards the people around me and just show them love. By showing the people around me love I can volunteer at local shelters or even share the Gospel with them. It’s just so simple! However, what I ultimately learned at South Africa was that sometimes I have to come out of my comfort zone and help the people around me and not focus on just myself because that‘s what Jesus did and that‘s what he wants us all to do.

No comments: