Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Eric - Dominican Republic

Going to the D.R with Quest was and is something I truly do not regret. At first I wasn't excited for it, but as the time went on, I only wished I could be there longer.


One thing that the group was privilege of having was our driver, Domingo. Although he is not a believer, his actions were truly great and brotherly like; he showed love to us. I was honored to be able to speak to him about God, I was able to share with him that when we trust in God, all things are truly possible (which when I thought about, I was speaking to myself as well). He has a family of 3 children, one who was just born 5 month ago, and a wife who works. This man cares for his family deeply, the reason that he doesn’t attend a church is because he has no time, in the D.R. one works simply to gain enough to eat for that one day. But to support his children and their education, plus to feed them, he works extra hard so that they can live a better life. It is extremely rare in the D.R. to see a man who cares so much for his family like Domingo does, he is very encouraging.

I was given the opportunity to pray for him and for his family, and a few of the last things he said to me were that he felt like a family among us, the way we tended him and cared for him. But most importantly, he said that when we see each other again, brothers in Christ we might be. That truly hit the heart, he told me that when I prayed for him and his family, he felt a greater peace, and when he went home, his little child who was sick was recovering (all Glory to God). Domingo truly impacted my life, and I ask that you too would join in prayer for a transformation in his heart and that he wouldn’t only be a great man, but a Godly man. Thank you.

No comments: